The Oregon Fire Code is a statewide minimum standard. This code establishes regulations affecting or relating to structures, processes, premises and safeguards regarding:
- The hazard of fire and explosion arising from the storage, handling or use of structures, materials or devices.
- Conditions hazardous to life, property or public welfare in the occupancy of structures or premises.
- Fire hazards in the structure or on the premises from occupancy or operation.
- Matters related to the construction, extension, repair, alteration or removal of fire suppression or alarm systems.
- Conditions affecting the safety of fire fighters and emergency responders during emergency operations.
The Oregon Fire Code is adopted by Oregon Administrative Rule 837, Division 40.